Parents As Teachers (PAT)
Now is the time.
Early Childhood Education Office Coordinator: Vicki Foote | firstname.lastname@example.org | 269-445-6283
To apply for the Parents As Teachers Program Click Here: Early Childhood Programs and Services Online Intake
So let’s make the most of this robust learning phase of life by working together on behalf of your child. Lewis Cass Intermediate School District offers all families with children from zero to five years of age free, voluntary parenting education, screening, assessments, and informational and referral networks.
Focusing on your family’s strengths.
- No two families are alike. We all have unique strengths as well as distinctive challenges. That’s why we adapt our services to fit your particular needs. One or more of our services may be exactly the answer to helping your children be all that they can be.
- Personal Visits are at the heart of the program. A parent educator, knowledgeable about child development and brain research on early learning, will help you understand what to expect as your child grows. Our parent educator will offer practical suggestions on how to encourage your child’s learning as well as how to manage challenging behaviors.
- Group Meetings give you the opportunity to meet with other parents to gain new insights, share experiences, and discuss parenting topics.
Screenings and Assessments are administered periodically by a parent educator and/or a nurse that will assess your child’s overall development including health, hearing, vision, and dental.
- Community Connections will provide you with links and referrals to services beyond the scope of our program. Your school system and other community partners have so many resources to help you parent your young child as successfully as possible.
- Parent/Child Play Groups give you the opportunity to meet other parents who are progressing through the same developmental stages with their children. You’ll have plenty to talk about! But don’t forget, a child’s play is his work. By playing with other children, your child is developing his social, verbal, and emotional skills. Check out our Play Group Calendar and join us whenever you can!
- Our Developmental Newsletter and our Resource Directory are two valuable documents that can help your along your child’s educational journey. To access our Newsletter electronically, click here.
- Newborn Visits by a nurse can provide you with the support you need when you are coping with the sometimes challenging demands of your newborn. Let a professional assist you in ensuring that your precious new baby is well on the way to a healthy life.
Call Vicki Foote at (269) 445-6283 or at email@example.com if you have questions or would like to arrange for any (or all) of our services. Remember, these services are free to any family with children birth to age five living in Cass County.