The Cass County Great Start Collaborative (GSC) works together with the community to build and reform the local early childhood system to achieve better outcomes for young children and their families.
The four early childhood outcomes identified by the State are:
- Children are born healthy
- Children are healthy, thriving, and developmentally on track from birth to third grade.
- Children are developmentally ready to succeed in school at time of school entry.
- Children are prepared to succeed in fourth grade and beyond by reading proficiently by the end of third grade.
The Cass Great Start Collaborative (GSC) is made up of community leaders from both the public and private sectors and includes parents of young children. The GSC members work to understand the strengths and challenges in Cass County within the local early childhood system and create a strategic plan that will address system changes to progress towards the four outcomes. The Cass County GSC supports children prenatally through age 8 in physical health, social-emotional well-being, family supports, basic needs, parent education, early education, and care.
Cass GSC includes full group meetings and subgroups and committees that regularly meet 6-10 times per year to implement the GSC’s determined priorities for Cass County, focusing to ensure coordination occurs across early childhood programs and services.
Cass County GSC workgroups:
- Access and Outreach Workgroup (Works on getting the community resources to families)
- Capacity Development Workgroup works on providing training, workshops, and conferences to build capacity development to better support families and young children.
- Equity Task Force works on ways to become more equitable in early childhood work.
- School Readiness Advisory Committee (SRAC) works on support to educators and families with young children to assist in providing supports for children being successful at the time of school entry.
Cass County Focus Groups:
- Prenatal Focus Group
- Literacy Focus Group
To become involved as a parent in one of these workgroups, contact Anna Carter at firstname.lastname@example.org
Enjoy events in Cass County.
- View the calendar.
- Find an event.
- Plan to attend.
Take a few minutes . . .
- Discover programs.
- Fill out the form.
- Plan to participate.
Find a provider.
- View resources.
- Get contact information.
- Receive services.
The First Step
Fill out the form, and we do the work to find out which program will best serve your needs. We offer both online and printable forms. If you would like to talk to someone about these programs, please contact Great Start Cass at (269) 445-6283 or fill out the contact form.
We look forward to talking to you soon!
Great Start Collaborative
Great Start Parent Coalition
The Cass County Great Start Parent Coalition (GSPC): provides a “customer” perspective for the Great Start Collaborative, educates community members about the importance of early childhood, supports the Great Start Collaborative’s work toward achieving Michigan’s early childhood outcomes, and provides information, education and resources to parents raising young children.